This Guacamole is my families favourite, we were fortunate to have lived in places where avocadoes were easily available, so I have prepared this dip a million times for every occasion from birthday parties, brunch, or for sundowners with friends. Now in Europe, avocadoes are really accessible something that makes me very happy!!!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 ripe medium tomato
- Juice and zest of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 spring onion
- Salt and pepper
- As you chop all the ingredients, keep adding them to a bowl
- Chop the avocados in small chunks
- Chop tomato in smaller pieces
- Chop finely spring onions (you can use also red onions if you like stronger taste)
- Grind the zest of a lemon or lime…. this adds a great additional lemony taste.
- Add the lime or lemon juice to taste… I used the whole lemon
- Add fine chopped fresh coriander
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- For an additional spicy touch, you could also add a bit of hot chili flakes to taste.
Mix well… I don’t like to over mix it, since I like my Guacamole a bit chunky. If you prefer a smother finish, you can also mash the avocado completely before adding the other ingredients. You can serve it with chips, I served it with carrot and cucumber.